You are looking to create your first personal blog with WordPress. And you’re wondering what provider to use? The article below I will evaluate SiteGround Hosting – one of the world’s most popular WordPress hosting providers.
Siteground provides many types of hosting such as shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated server, and reseller hosting. But in this article, I will focus on the features and features of shared hosts (the most used product at Siteground).
SiteGround Shared Hosting Review
In addition to the basic features of a hosting provider, Siteground also equips them with differences:
- One of the hosting websites that provide free domain names when buying any product package (Startup, GrowBig or GoGeek)
- One-click WordPress Staging: is a customer-only feature that uses the GoGeek package, allowing you to create additional copies of a running website. With this feature, you can edit the source code, interface without affecting the running website. If you are a programmer, we are sure you will love this feature.
- With customers using GrowBig and above, Siteground will be supported by Siteground with the “WordPress Special Cache” feature. Built into the environment of Siteground, helps speed up websites by caching results from database queries and caching dynamic data
- SG-Git for WordPress repo creation: Add another feature for developers and only for GoGeek packages. Allows you to upload the entire source code to Git, which allows developers to review and store different versions of WordPress source code.
- Premium Wildcard SSL Certificate: you will be free in the first year when purchasing GrowBig product packages or more. Not really much, but it’s also great isn’t it!
- 30 backup/day (GrowBig and GoGeek) and 1 backup/day (Startup) is the number of backups you get by Daily Backup system of Siteground. And of course, it’s free. More specifically with the GoGeek package, customers will receive a “Premium Backup & Restore Service”, which means you will get direct support from the technical staff.
Who should use Siteground Hosting?
With the shared hosting package of SiteGround, I believe it will be suitable if you are an individual or a small business. Because at the highest level, you are still limited by hard drive capacity (30GB) and monthly traffic (~ 100,000).
With an amount not too large (about 90k / month – equivalent to $ 3.95) you own for yourself the basic package of Siteground. With this package, you will be spoiled for use to develop a personal blog or website that introduces companies and shops without too much traffic a day. If you are a beginner, you can use the free hosting services of companies offering free hosting for new learners.
If you need more resources such as domain names, website numbers, or memory capacity, GrowBig and GoGeek will fully meet your needs. See the price details below:
(+) Plus points of SiteGround Hosting
High-security: Siteground uses special technologies to ensure your website is safe from hackers’ actions. Whenever you log in to cPanel, SiteGround will encrypt all information and transfer you to a secure server so you can feel secure to use it. See more handy ways to protect your WordPress site.
The cheapest price: $ 3.95 / month is the lowest product package price of SiteGround. And this is also the lowest price in the market. Although only one website is installed with this package, you can also use many other features that Sitegroud provides.
99% uptime: with SiteGround, your hosting is always in a stable state under any circumstance, unless SiteGround decides to upgrade or maintain the infrastructure.
Support staff: SiteGround’s response time is very fast, and their employees are able to solve all problems with a friendly and extremely professional attitude.
(-) Points deducted SiteGround Hosting
With the lowest product package (Startup), you will be limited to a lot of websites and 10GB of hard drive capacity
Website transfer speed is quite slow, this is the opinion of many users when using this service of Siteground.
There is no trial: not only me but also many customers who want to try the website builder service. Because of that, the trial is the best way to retain customers, but currently, Siteground has removed this feature.
As a provider proposed by WordPress itself, you can completely trust SiteGround.
Although GrowBig and GoGeek are targeted at businesses, I don’t think it will be appropriate, in this case, you should consider other providers like NameCheap Managed WordPress Hosting if you need a lot of resources more.
So, if you only have 1 or 1 WordPress websites or blogs, do not hesitate, sign up now with Siteground, I am sure you will not regret your choice.